Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New prompt? I'm thinking YES.

Snagging this one from my Writing Club... thanks, Stephanie... and here we are! My prompt on this was a very depressing, very well-written story about one of my favorite characters I have created. I know, kind of contradictory, but the pessimistic characters are always my favorite! Here we are.
     It's a character development story. Pick two or more of these questions, choose a character already created or make a new one, and answer the chosen questions in your story. And the questions are:
1. What do they fear?
2. What do they remember with guilt?
3. What is their happiest memory?
4. How do they feel about love? Have they been in love before?
5. How much torture would it take for them to give up their mother?
I know, I know: bit random. It just caught my attention on Google.
6. What is one thing they would change about themselves?
7. What is one secret they would never tell anyone?
8. What is their ideal life?
9. Given the choice, would they rather kill themselves or kill a stranger?
10. What do they dream when they sleep?

     Trust me, these are important questions that open the body and soul of a character. It reveals the way they not only see themselves, but others, as well as their family--and life. I was surprised how well this worked.
     See what you can come up with!
-Anevay

No comments:

Post a Comment